The 5 Components
1. Song – The House Song has a catchy chorus melody to help students remember the names of the different rooms in the home. Play the song as often as you like.
2. Interactive Video / Audio File- These files are short and very easy. Students should be able to learn them quickly.
3. Textbook Activities – The House Song introduces not only the names of the rooms in the home but the concepts “Where is he?” and “What is he doing?” These will be dealt with extensively in the second half of the textbook.
For now let’s focus on learning the rooms in the home. Begin by simply pointing to each room and asking the students “What’s this?” They should reply “It’s a bedroom” etc.
In the following sections we will explore the concept “Where is it?” Students must learn the names of the rooms in the home so that they can tell you which room the different items of furniture are in.
4. Classroom Activities – You can make Flash Cards to help teach these rooms.
Draw a house on the board and have students point to each room and tell you what it is.
Have students draw pictures of their own home and label each room correctly.
5. Work Sheets – Complete the simple Work Sheet and remember to save the Vocabulary Page into their