There are two pictures for “He” “She” and “They”. In each example the characters don’t like the first food but they like the second. The purpose of this is to practice a dialogue that goes”Does he like (eggs)?” “No, he doesn’t like (eggs).” “What does he like?” “He likes (cereal).”
The 5 Components
1. Song – Continue to play The Food Song to help study this section. The Weather Song is coming up in the next section so you can practice it now as well.
2. Interactive Video / Audio File– The Interactive Video / Audio File uses all of the same examples as the book. First play the Video File and let the students listen and read along.
Then pause the video after every question and give students a chance to answer. Finally have students come up to the front of the class and role play the video – try it with the volume off.
When students are quite good at speaking along with the video you can play the Audio File. Have students point at the pictures in the textbook and speak along with the Audio file.
3. Textbook Activities – Use the same textbook teaching methods as in the previous sections. Hold up the textbook and ask the class “Does he like eggs?” and “What does he like?” Have students practice together in pairs.
4. Classroom Activities – You can use Flash Cards or pictures drawn on the board to help create a conversation about students in the class.
Follow the activity described at the bottom of Textbook 2 Page 20. Have students come up to the front of the class and tell the rest of the class about foods that they like and don’t like.
5. Work Sheets – Complete the 4 Work Sheets for this section.